Thursday, March 1, 2012

Shades of Gray - Bridesmaids Dresses!

Hey guys, it's me again, your friendly neighbourhood Kate. Just wanted to write a quick post about a pretty trend I've been noticing lately when it comes to wedding colours. So I'm pretty sure most of you have seen the taupe/nude bridesmaids dresses lately. Taupe can be a pretty, fresh colour, when it's done right  - like in the cool, casual kind of wedding as seen below.

bridalcouturegirls.blogspot.com
I think you could probably get dresses like that fairly inexpensively too, which is cool. But the one trend that I'm totally digging right now, is gray. Now normally, I would think gray would be drab and kind of institution-like, but when you've got a dove-gray, or a pearl-gray or even a summer-stormy-sky-gray, paired up with gorgeous bright flowers or shoes? You've got a relaxed, yet sophisticated, fresh look that's probably going to compliment most of the different hair and skin colours of your brides. I remember choosing the specific shade of purple we had because all of my bridesmaids had dark brown hair and pale skin, so it totally worked. But with gray, you could could do multiple shades, even more into a silver tone if you wanted. Anyways, I just wanted to share a couple of examples that I've been seeing around - and one very cool idea for a your groomsmen.

Gowns by Melissa Sweet
See this is one set that I really love - look how pretty the navy looks with the gray suits? Totally pretty, right?!

Dress by Danny Ying
Isn't that dress pretty? Like think about adding fuchsia, dark orange, red, purple, or yellow accents. Or green! Or teal! Possibilities are endless guys, seriously, endless.

And you know what, you don't even have to add a splash of colour to this colour scheme to make it fresh - check this one out.

And one last one, just cause I have a serious pitter-patter for dudes in vests. And this vest, is simply fantastic. Especially with the extra fab details on that white shirt - and hey, you don't even need a tie with this one.

Alright, that's it for me today - thanks for tuning in! :)

4 comments:

  1. Corset Dresses provide us the sense of tightly squeezed waists and straps which affect the breath out of females. It had been probably true of corset dresses back while in the Victorian times, Victorian women put on these for one of a few motives - health related purposes or to appear to have the desired hourglass figure of the times. This accentuated the bust by just pushing the breasts upwards, helped the person wearing it to enjoy more erect posture, and it increased the hips also. The contraption was synched to the point of cutting off air in order to reach the expected body size and figure.
    Corset Dresses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you please tell me where I can find/buy the short grey dress pictured, by Danny Ying. Thanks! Jeni Born EEFBORN@AOL.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey anonymous, so sorry i totally just saw you comment...i'm sure by now you've already found a dress! I do not know the source of where that dress came from, i'm sorry!

      Delete
  3. so nice article... This blog gives the different good looking pictures than others...I like so much.... love this post... keep it up..:-)

    ReplyDelete